Export ISPM 15 Compliant Shipping Crates
MEI’s Crate Construction and Identification in accordance with International Regulations in ISPM 15 about the exportation of wooden packaging materials. All wood products used for export crating and shipping outside the United States must be ISPM 15 compliant and certified with the proper stamp containing the required IPPC symbol. If requested, a letter of certification will accompany all shipments.
ISPM 15 Crates
ISPM 15 is the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) standard that sets the need to treat solid wood materials used to ship products internationally. It governs all wood packaging material (wood pallets, wood crates, bracing, etc) used for export packaging, requiring that they are heat treated or fumigated with methyl bromide and marked with a seal of compliance. This seal of compliance is sometimes called the “bug stamp.”
All lumber used by MEI Rigging and Crating for crating meets or exceeds the ISPM-15 standard for heat treatment requirements for export shipments containing Solid Wood Packaging Material (SWPM). We can apply our ISPM-15 compliant stamp to any of our wood crates, boxes and pallets specified for export packaging.
- The markings must be within a rectangular border with a a vertical line separating the IPPC logo from the indentifying data.
- The border lines may be solid or broken; and the corners may be rounded.
- XX - indicates a two letter ISO country code
- OOOO – the next series of letters/numbers is the unique identification mark of the wood treatment agent or packaging manufacturer. The number of letters or digits may vary according to each country.
- The country code and treatment agent or manufacturer code must be separated by a hyphen.
- YY – This indicates the type of treatment, and will either be HT (Heat Treatment) or MB (Methyl Bromide).
International Crates, Export Crates and Container Preparation, ISPM 15 Shipping Crates